It’s critical to understand the dynamics for social media engagement, and…
… the goals and values of your audience on social media.
Not knowing, will hurt you.
Because you’ll make the same mistakes over and over, without ever building a social audience and then quit…
…frustrated and angry that your efforts never produced any measurable results, with your brand message never reaching the people you wanted to help!
To produce the highest quality content that generates real engagement, discover the mistakes people make, and how you can easily produce high quality content that builds your audience!
Here are the 3 simple mistakes marketers make when trying to engage an audience on social media:
- They have no plan
- They have no idea who they are targeting (or what they want to hear)
- They have no meaningful interactions
To help you avoid these mistakes, we’re dedicating this article to helping you fix them!
It’s important to KNOW your audience.
As you’re trying to understand the audience, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- Are they a business or consumer?
- What does your audience have in common?
- What information are they looking for?
- What conversations do they engage with?
There are 4 ways to help you understand who your potential audience really is.
At Intelixseo, we use a “customer avatar”…
…which helps us discover what type of customer we want to market to, and what their common interests and similarities were.
We take those similarities we learn and split them into 4 strategies.
These strategies will help you eliminate the mistakes previously mentioned:
- Goals and Values (they don’t have a plan)
- Challenges and Pain Points (they have no idea who they are talking to/targeting)
- Objections and Role in Purchase Process (meaningless interactions with the people they do target)
- Sources of Information (where do they find their information)
When looking at each section, you should think about some questions specific to that area. They should be questions to help you start understanding your audience…
Their GOALS AND VALUES
- What kind of goals do they have?
- Is there a desire to grow their business?
- Want to lose weight?
- Want to make more money?
- What kind of values do they have?
- Want to do a better job at customer service?
- Want to follow policies or rules in their industry?
- Maybe your audience is known to be more liberal or free spirited?
Their CHALLENGES & PAIN POINTS
- What are the top 5 challenges that their marketplace is facing?
- What State or Federal rules control the way they do business?
- Are they limited on income or time?
- What about if the challenge is something that is a private matter – such as a urinary tract infection?
Their OBJECTIONS & ROLE IN PURCHASE PROCESS
- How much is it?
- What do you get for your purchase?
- How long does it last?
- What value does your business bring?
- What is your ultimate reason for purchasing?
- Why do they want to buy?
- What could be some possible objections to your services/products?
Sources of Information
- What books/magazines are they reading?
- What websites do they frequent?
- Do they attend any conferences? If so, where?
- Who are the gurus they follow in this space?
You only have so much time to capture your audience’s attention!
This is why understanding these 4 key areas is important when approaching marketing from a social media engagement perspective.
Spend time on the importance and VALUE your company brings them.
You can show that value through a solid Marketing Plan…
Get it today and avoid the 3 simple mistakes that are killing your social media engagement.