Businesses without Sales Funnels…
…in the future will suffer if they don’t switch and use them!
There’s a conversation going on in your market – with your customers – about a specific problem, and many of them are looking for an answer to their problem.
A Sales Funnel allows you to easily walk your customers through a process to find their answer.
It’s not only engaging, but it also allows you the ability to collect new leads and show your customers you are the expert with the answer in the industry.
What exactly is a Sales Funnel?
A Sales Funnel is a buying process that allows your company to lead someone to understand what you have to offer and how it can solve their specific problem.
It helps them through the process of purchasing your products.
It allows you to generate more traffic to your website, engages your visitors, and offers them the ability to start to validate your solution as their possible answer.
There are 3 stages of a Sales Funnel:
- Awareness – brings your message about your product or service to your potential audience, creating new traffic to your website.
- Evaluation – allows visitors to engage with you and validate your solution. You can collect their contact information so you can take them further down the Sales Funnel process.
- Conversion – guides the warm lead, who gave you their contact information, through a series of engagements to confidently ask them for the sale.
- Lead Magnet – collects a potential customer’s contact information in return for answering a specific question.
- Trip Wire – asks the customer to purchase a very low risk and low cost offer. Less than $10.
- Offer Your Core Product – asks the customer who took your trip wire offer, to buy your core offer.
- Return Path – once your customer has purchased your product, you can ask them to make another purchase. This increases the frequency in which your customer can purchase more products from you.
Sales Funnel Benefits
There are 4 benefits when using a Sales Funnel: generating new traffic, collecting new leads, generating money through trip wires, and implementing a return path.
Benefit #1 – Generating New Traffic
Generate content that is engaging.
We say this ALL THE TIME (look through our other blogs and you’ll see it again and again) but how???
What are the top 5 questions people ask you when they find out what you do?
Write content around THAT.
Great ads are created by great content and that’s what drives traffic to your website. Your content needs to be informative and offer your customer something they want and need.
Content builds your audience and customer base (email list), and keeps them engaged so they come back to you. Look at this case study and see how we generated more traffic.
Benefit #2 – Collecting leads
In the evaluation process you use a lead magnet to collect your customer’s information.
This is where you give them an answer to a specific problem they have. They found you because they are looking for an answer from someone they can trust.
These are irresistible offers your customers can’t refuse and are usually somehow tied into the top 5 questions people always seem to ask you.
Benefit #3 – Generating money to pay for advertising
A trip wire is where you offer your new lead the ability to pull out their wallet and pay you a small amount to try your service or product.
This is the point in the process where you’ve changed your customer’s relationship with you…
…they’ve gone from a visitor to a buyer.
And the instant they become a buyer, they are significantly more likely to buy from you again rather than someone that has not.
The point of this transaction is not to make money from the customer – it’s to simply pay for the ad cost that got them there!
This offer should add value to your core offer.
After they purchase the trip wire offer, they are moving down the Sales Funnel and now you are in a better position to ask them to purchase your core service or product.
Benefit #4 – Increasing sales frequency
This can be done many ways, but some of the most common growth tactics are retargeting, and email offers.
Emails are key because this is THE ONLY TRAFFIC SOURCE that allows you to easily push content AND OFFERS out to your customers. It also allows you to segment your customers and craft offers based on the content they visited (or what they have purchased) on your website.
Sales Funnels are key to your revenue GROWTH!
If you need help creating your Sales Funnel as a way to collect new leads and show customers you are the expert in the market, we’re here to help you.